BEACHSIDE TEEN TREATMENT CENTERNICOTINE ADDICTION
Nicotine abuse is a common addiction, particularly due to the fact that nicotine is very easily obtained. Many nicotine users begin with nicotine, but then move on to the use and abuse of other hard drugs and alcohol.
- Flavored cigars – sweet candy fruity flavored cigars with tobacco and nicotine.
- Hookahs – hookah smoking at bars is attractive to teens.
- Chewing tobacco and snuff – tobacco and snuff are sniffed, chewed, and rubbed on gums for a high
What is Nicotine Addiction?
Nicotine is abused in the form of cigarettes, cigars, and other tobacco based products. Nicotine hazards are always described on the product’s packages. Initially, many teens begin smoking cigarettes socially, due to peer pressure or just for fun. Nicotine may not appear as harmful as other drugs but it is still hazardous to a teenager’s health. The National Institute of Health (NIH) warns about tobacco’s multiple unhealthy ingredients. There are hundreds of added chemicals, out of which 19 are carcinogenic. There are many serious health conditions reported due to nicotine use and addiction.
Symptoms of NICOTINE ADDICTION IN TEENS
While nicotine withdrawal may not be as extreme as withdrawal from other drugs, it is still a difficult task to drop this habit. Nicotine addicts may relapse over and over again and experience the following withdrawal symptoms when attempting to detox:
- Severe cravings
- Anxiety and depression
- Irritable behavior
- Constant headaches
- Loss of appetite
- Lack of concentration
Nicotine’s Side Effects
Nicotine’s side effects are dangerous and include the following:
- The risks of heart attacks, strokes, and cardiovascular disease
- Shortness of breath, gasping and wheezing
- Stomach ailments, diarrhea, nausea and pains
- Dizziness and numbness of mind
- Tremors in limb
- Fatigue and depression
- Lack of normal teen’s athletic activities
Treatment AT BEACHSIDE TEEN TREATMENT CENTER
Many hardened smokers admit that giving up nicotine is one of the most difficult things that they encounter. The following treatment modalities may assist your teenager to successfully detox and sustain the detox for longer periods of time without relapsing.
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Peer Group Counseling (PGC)
- Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)
Beachside Treatment Center for Rehabilitation
Beachside Treatment Center is an excellent rehabilitation facility, well equipped to successfully treat teen nicotine addiction. Our facility has a comprehensive infrastructure with a supportive expert medical team to offer the best nicotine addiction treatment that is individualized and therapeutic, and all offered within a very nurturing and healing ambiance to accelerate and maintain long lasting rehabilitation.